The Ossipee Valley Music Festival is Maine’s family friendly music festival!
Ossipee is the one place we go where I feel completely safe letting my kids just wander around. We arrive, and they dissappear, off on their own adventures. The community here makes it that way. – Laurie Carr, festival attendee and volunteer
Part of our mission is to make our festival accessible to familes — to offer a summer experience that exposes kids, and people of all ages to raw live music, community atmosphere, and a hundred reasons to forget that electronic gadgets exist.
Whether you take a yoga class with your teenage daughter, check out the crankie shadow puppet show your five year old created in a Seedlings workshop, participate in the Dog Parade, or listen to your spouse jam on a song they picked up while at String Camp before the festival, there is something here for you.
Here are some things families love:
- kids 17 and under get in free!
- tent camping is free!
- There is first aid on site
- Night-time security on site
- Bathrooms and showers
- The Ossipee River
- Delicious and nutritious food & local food
- The Roots and Sprouts music program
- The Seedlings Program
- Cooking on the firepit and bringing your own coolers are allowed!
- Friendly and helpful festival staff
- General store that sells everything under the sun from river tubes and fire rings to sunblock and advil
- Musical workshops
- Yoga Classes
- Tons of spontaneous musical jams 24/7
- For when you want a bit of a break: designated quiet camping areas
- For when you want a different kind of break: a local craft beer tent with late night acoustic shows!
- Tons of exposure to real music, and other people who dig real music!