In addition to instrument lessons, and ensemble rehearsals and performance, you will also be able to choose from many elective courses focusing in diverse areas. Here are some examples!
- listening to and discussing field recordings from the United States and around the world,
- creative guitar improvisation on chord and rhythm back up,
- strategies for implementing jazz chords and arrangements in your playing,
- intensive ear training for identifying chord structures and scales in sit in playing
- fiddle cross tuning and backup playing,
- collecting ideas and inspiration from different cultures, including west India and Africa.
- How to make acoustic studio recordings in your home
Click string camp electives for a list of the 2016 electives!