We have Scholarships Available!
Scholarship applications are due between April 1st and May 15th 2021, by email to email@example.com.
If applying later than that, you may write a letter to inquire if there are any funds left, also to firstname.lastname@example.org
We have additional special scholarship funding set aside for the following groups:
- SAD55 School District kids ages 13-17
- Rural Maine students & seniors age 65+
- Seniors age 65+
- First time attendees
- Current students who are actively pursuing a career in roots music
- Travel off-set scholarships–a small discount to offset the cost of travel to the event, typically $100-200.
You simply need to write a letter, attached to the email as a PDF, detailing your musical background, interest in the camp, and your financial need (the minimum assistance you would need in order to make the camp possible for you). We try to honor all requests, and we have several generous private sponsors, as well as work with grant programs throughout the state. This year we will be supported by the Narragansett One Foundation.
The actual costs of camp are:
- 1 All ages Ticket: $550, instruction, meals, and a free 4-day pass to the music festival!
For the most part, we are able to be flexible on giving a discount if the person does not want to include the meal plan, but the festival pass is technically free–all the funds from tickets to camp go towards teacher salaries. It is possible however to receive a full discount for the $155 cost of the festival ticket by becoming a volunteer at the festival itself for 12 hours during the 4 days of the festival.
These costs are not included in the scholarship
- Tent camping is free
- $15.00/night, RV hookups (tent camping is free!)
- $25.00/dump, dumping fee for RVs
- $20/night/site chaperone camping over but not attending camp fee (or $25 with hookups)
*Camping fees are paid at the gate, we do not reserve sites in advance! Please let us know if you need medical hookups reserved.
Email us at email@example.com or call us at 207-625-8656