How do you pronounce Ossipee?
How much is a ticket?
- Thursday is $30
- Friday is $50
- Saturday is $60
- Sunday is $30
- A 3-Day Pass (Fri-Sun or Thur-Sat) is $135
- A 4-Day Pass is $155
- Children under 18 are Free!
- After Dark Tickets (These are for if you can’t get there until 6PM or later, and don’t want to pay for all the music you missed during the day!) are $20 off the regular price. You can buy them alone, or in conjunction with an all day ticket for the next day (Example: you arrive on Friday at 6PM and stay all day/night on Saturday=Friday After Dark + Saturday Full Day)
- Local residents receive an additional $10 off with their Shopping Guide (so a local resident can attend the festival on Friday night for $20 and Saturday for $30 to see five live bands!
*What about advanced tickets? (They are for 3-Day and 4-Day Passes only) -Earlybird (before February 1st) $30.00 off the gate price -Advanced (before June 1st) $20.00 off the gate price
Can you explain the tickets?
- All multi-day tickets include free tent camping, but hook-ups are first come, first serve. They are $15.00/night. Four day tickets include camping through Saturday night, not Sunday. Camping sunday of the festival is $20/night/site extra (or $25 for RVs)
- One-day tickets also include tent camping or dry RV camping, as long as you are out by 9AM the next day, when we do the security walk-through! Otherwise you will be charged for 2 days (!!)
- A day ticket is good for the full day/night of the festival. Music goes from 12pm-1am, and you can camp overnight and leave before 9am.
- An after dark ticket is good from 6pm on, and you can camp overnight and leave before 9am
- Please be mindful that electric sites sell out, sometimes as early as THURSDAY, and campsites sell out on Saturday. If you want your ideal campsite to spread out in, you will need to stake it out on Thursday or Friday morning.
Are there discount tickets available?
Yes, there are several!
- Each holiday season there is a 15% coupon that we send to our mailing list. It is only good for the week before Christmas!
- There are ‘Early Bird’ and ‘Advanced’ Multi-day tickets, Early Bird is $30 off the multi-ticket gate price, and ends Feb 1st. Advanced is $20 off the gate price and ends June 1st.
- You can get a FREE ticket by joining our volunteer team. We ask that you work 6 hours for a 1-day pass, and 12 hours for a 4-day pass. See here
- You can get $10 off any pass including AFTER DARK tickets, if you are a local and you receive the Shopping Guide in your mailbox
- Kids 17 and under are FREE!
Where is the festival located?
We are just 45 minutes from Portland, 2.5 hours from Boston. We are located at the The Ossipee Valley Fairgrounds at 291 South Hiram Road, S. Hiram, Maine. When you drive into town you will see blue “Music Festival” signs pointing the way. See Map of Area here
- Route 25 West through Gorham, Standish, Limington, then Cornish–about 45 minutes.
- Past downtown Cornish, look for Sophia’s Pizza on a lefthand fork. Bear slight right on South Hiram Rd. (follow the music festival signs), festival is on the left.
From All Points South (Boston/New York/Etc) and Southern New Hampshire:
- Take I-95N to Portsmouth NH. In Portsmouth, take a left hand exit 4 (to Route 16N towards New Hampshire Lakes & Mountains)
- Take Route 16N to Ossipee NH, look for the exit to Route 25 East
- Follow Route 25E to the village of Kezar Falls
- Follow Music Festival signs, left at bridge and right on Main Street (which becomes South Hiram Road at the Hiram town line) 5. The Fairgrounds will be on your right
From Northern New Hampshire & Points West & North (North Conway):
- Take 302 West to Fryeburg ME
- Right on 113 South
- In North Baldwin take a R on Route 5 to Rt. 25 in Cornish
- Take a Right on Route 25 West towards Cornish
- Slight Right at Fork Sofia’s Pizza on your left (follow music festival signs)
- Festival is on your left
Do hookups sell out? Do tent sites sell out?
Hookups sell out by Thursday night. Tent sites will be full by Saturday, except for tiny spaces here and there. We do not officially sell out of campsites, they just get really, really, really small. Get there early to pick a spot–we do not reserve spots unless you need hookups for medical reasons!
Can I get tickets at the gate?
YES. We have not sold out. We highly suggest that you arrive by Thursday evening to snag an RV site (please let us know if you need a medical reservation!)
Space will be scarce by Saturday afternoon. We do NOT guarantee that you can get a campsite!
Can I set my tent up earlier in the week to get my spot, and then come back on the weekend?
Yes…technically. But you will need to pay $20/night/site for any day prior to Thursday that you set your site up. We also do not in any way guarantee that your site will not have been impinged upon (made smaller) by other campers when you return and it’s very crowded–we do not police campsites. You may NOT tape off space for other people, or set up five tents for your friends and only pay for your tent. Each tent is reserving a space and must pay the $20/night fee prior to the festival.
Additionally, you will be given your wristband when you enter the festival for the first time–so it will be your responsibility to either wear it, or not lose it, until you return.
What are the Hours for the Front Gate?
Sunday-Tuesday (pre-festival) 10am-7pm
Wednesday (day before) 8am-9pm
*if you arrive when the gate is closed, you will need to camp at the grassy area in front of the gate (not in the roadway, but just beyond it, by the white office) until it opens.
Can I bring my dog?
We no longer allow dogs at the festival. Please read our attached decision letter from the board of directors on this issue.
We DO still allow service animals. These dogs must have current paperwork and vaccines, which you must show to us, and must follow the following rules:
–Dogs must be on leash
–Dogs must not bark excessively
–Dogs must remain under their owners control, and by their owners side at all times
–If your dog is a service dog, you already know this. Please do NOT bring your ‘service dog’ that was not a service dog last year, he or she will not be able to come.
There is no charge for service animals.
Service animals INLUDE emotional support animals–you must show us their ESA paperwork.
**All kennels are reputable, the range of prices is from $20-$45/day depending on the kennel. You may also simply google Dog Boarding or Dog Kennel + the name of the state to see a map of all kennels, there are about 200 kennels in Maine and New Hampshire that did not make this list.
The closest kennel is Shadow Birch Kennel, (10 minutes) 207-637-2671.
Other kennels in the area:
The Pampered Pet, Standish Maine (20 minutes) 207-642-3027 http://pamperedpetmaine.com/contact/
Two Paws Up, Tamworth NH (30 minutes) 603-539-6266 https://www.twopawsupnh.com/contact-us.html
Karla’s Pets, North Conway NH (50 minutes) 603-447-3435 https://karlaspets.com
Brown Dog Inn, Freeport ME (1.5 hours) 207-865-1255 http://www.browndoginn.com
Lakes Region Pet Resort, Center Harbor NH (1.5 hours) 603-250-8001 http://www.lakesregionpetresort.com/Rates.html
Suntan’s Kennels, Saco ME (1.25 hours) 207-282-1948 http://www.suntarskennels.com
Camp Bow-wow, Portland ME, (50 minutes) 207-541-9247 http://www.campbowwow.com/portland/services-pricing/dog-boarding
Happy Tails, Portland ME 50 minutes, 2 locations, (207-797-2488 Bishop St. 207-871-5959 St John Street ) http://happytailsportland.com/happy-tails/boarding/
All About Dogs Kennels, Raymond ME 1.5 hours, 207-655-5085 http://www.allaboutdogskennel.com/services.html
Paw-Zn-Around, Saco ME, 207-283-6642 1.25 hours http://paw-zn-around.com/boarding/
Will I receive a ticket in the mail?
No, you recieve a barcode ticket when you purchase online. You MUST bring that barcode with you to the front gate whether it is on your phone or printed out. We now SCAN tickets at the front gate, this is NEW for 2019.
Can I bring a musical instrument?
YES!!!!!! Ossipee has been described as being “dipped in a vat of music”. 24 hours a day there are jam sessions in the campgrounds. We are always working to ensure that there is balance between the stages and the campfire jams–please contact us directly with specific feedback about this! email@example.com
OK, But what if I actually want to sleep?
Don’t worry! There is a special area of the campground called “quiet camping” for families, and people who want a quiet place to relax and snooze. We will have a quiet camping staff member present late night until 3am, and will have visible boundary markers on the roads.
The rules of quiet camping are:
1. No yelling or shouting, no excessively loud talking.
2. Quiet hours are 9pm-9am
Please call 207-710-8322 to report quiet camping concerns at any time during the event.
Map of Grounds & Campsites?
I want to camp/I have camping questions
Check out our camping page.
I don't like camping...
That’s OK! Our camping page also has a list of hotels in the area. Also, we’re only 45 minutes from dozens of hotels in both North Conway, NH and Portland, ME.
Does the Festival permit campfires?
Yes, in enclosed rings. You may purchase one at the local hardware store.
Are there showers & flush toilets on premises?
Yes, there are showers (a few, camp-style) and flush toilets on premises. There are also portapotties available.
Where can I get water and ice?
Ice is for sale at the general store run by Project Shelter. Check it out here. Bottled water is for sale at every vendor. There are also spigots with drinking water everywhere on the grounds.
What are the rules about alcohol?
No alcohol in the audience. Coolers at your campsite are fine. We also have a fine beer tent
I have very young children, can I bring them?
Yes! We have music academy for kids age 7-13, and an arts and crafts program for all kids of all ages! We also offer kids yoga! There is also quiet camping areas just for families. There is security personnel, and first aid workers on site 24/7.All kids activities are FREE! Plus, admission for kids 17 and under is FREE! Wow! Ossipee is a family friendly event!
I love the festival SO much, I want to come early!
You can arrive starting on the Sunday before the festival. Pre-festival camping is $20/night/site 0r $25 for RVs.
Early birds….please don’t arrive on Saturday night…or, ahem, THURSDAY!
Please arrive no earlier than Sunday. PLEASE!
You also may NOT drop off your RV or tent to reserve a spot, and then go home, without paying the pre-festival camping fee. In order to save your spot you must pay the fee, and have a tent or camper fully set up in the space.
If I arrive really late in the evening, or leave really early in the morning, do I have to buy a ticket for that day? (Example: I buy a ticket for Friday/Saturday, but I plan to leave at 8AM on Sunday before anything starts)
If you arrive between 6PM and when the gate closes you will still be asked to pay the After Dark ticket price ($20 off the full day price). If you arrive after the gate closes you can camp overnight on the grassy area just outside of the gate. All non-camping folks must leave from the day parking area by 12AM through the exit gate. Camping folks can stay over and leave at or before 9AM without having to purchase a ticket for the next day, however please note that wristbands ARE monitored, so please be honest about this last policy. Anyone found during the middle of the day with the incorrect wristband (i.e. you bought a friday ticket and camped over, but didn’t leave at 9AM on Saturday…just thought you’d hang around….) will be embarrassed by our staff bringing you to the front gate, so you can purchase the correct wristband!
I want to come after work, I don’t think I should have to buy a ticket for the whole day!
Great, we don’t either! That’s why we have “Ossipee After Dark” If you arrive at 6PM or later, you get $20 off the ticket price for the day. A 6PM on ticket includes three headliners, a barn dance, a midnight Stage Too! show, late night music in the beer tent, and all the campfire jamming you can wish for! That is seven hours of live music for $30-40! (Fri-Sat)
I am in a band, how do I apply to play at the festival?
Check out Stage Too! Our stage featuring a mix of regional and national acts. Apply to play on Stage Too between December 1st and May 1st.Check out Stage Too!
What happens if it rains?
please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 207-625-8656.
Please email us at email@example.com or call 207-710-8322