How do you pronounce Ossipee?
How much is a ticket?
- MICROFESTIVAL TICKETS: $100 EACH FOR 2 DAYS.
Regular Festival, 2022 prices
- Thursday is $30
- Friday is $55
- Saturday is $65
- Sunday is $30
- A 3-Day Pass (Fri-Sun or Thur-Sat) is $150
- A 4-Day Pass is $170
- Children under 18 are Free!
- After Dark Tickets (These are for if you can’t get there until 6PM or later, and don’t want to pay for all the music you missed during the day!) are $20 off the regular price. You can buy them alone, or in conjunction with an all day ticket for the next day (Example: you arrive on Friday at 6PM and stay all day/night on Saturday=Friday After Dark + Saturday Full Day)
- Local residents receive an additional $10 off with their Shopping Guide (so a local resident can attend the festival on Friday night for $25 and Saturday for $35 to see three headliner bands, vendors, food, the barn dance and beer tent jams!
*What about advanced tickets? -Earlybird (before February 1st) and Advanced (before June 1st) both have discounts–when you go to purchase the tickets at the bottom of the website, you will automatically see the tickets that are currently on sale, for example, until February 1st a 4-day pass will be listed as $140.00, and between February and June it will be listed as $150.00. You can also get discounts by signing up for our newsletter, or a free ticket by volunteering!
What is the Microfestival? What is your Covid-19 policy
- We are having a ‘Microfest’ this year in 2021, featuring mostly local artists. We will not be having any of our other regular programming (dances, etc) as we are going to be at 1/4 capacity. This is for folks to come and camp, hang out, see some music, and enjoy food from a handful of vendors. It is not the regular festival with less people.
- Tickets? Simple– All tickets are $100 for Friday and Saturday. Kids 12-17 are $25, and kids under 12 are free. The Microfestival does not offer our regular programming. ONLY one stage show, yoga in the morning, and a few vendors, and camping. RV’s still need to buy hookups, pre-festival tent campers still need to pay for pre-festival camping. ALL TICKET SALES ARE ONLINE, we will NOT sell tickets at the gate! (OK, that’s it!–we can’t wait to see you)
- Covid? Well…everything keeps changing as far as rules and regulations. We are not requiring vaccination to attend, but we encourage you to speak with your healthcare provider if you have questions about the vaccine. We believe that by limiting attendance we are taking a major step towards keeping you safe, and we will follow the existing guidelines from the state CDC as they exist in July of 2021.
Can you explain the tickets?
- MICROFESTIVAL 2021 TICKETS: Simple. All tickets are for Friday and Saturday. The Microfestival does not offer our regular programming. ONLY one stage show, yoga in the morning, and a few vendors, and camping. RV’s still need to buy hookups, pre-festival tent campers still need to pay for pre-festival camping. ALL TICKET SALES ARE ONLINE, we will NOT sell tickets at the gate! (OK, that’s it!–we can’t wait to see you)
- All multi-day tickets include free tent camping, but hook-ups are first come, first serve. They are $20.00/night. Four day tickets include camping Thursday through Saturday night, not Sunday. Camping sunday night of the festival, or during the week before it starts is $25/night/site extra
- One-day tickets also include tent camping or dry RV camping, as long as you are out by 9AM the next day, when we do the security walk-through! Otherwise you will be charged for 2 days (!!)
- A day ticket is good for the full day/night of the festival. Music goes from 12pm-1am, and you can camp overnight and leave before 9am.
- An after dark ticket is good from 6pm on, and you can camp overnight and leave before 9am
- Please be mindful that electric sites sell out on THURSDAY, and campsites sell out on Saturday. We respectfully ask that you do not stake out an area larger than 10×20 per tent site, and that you stay within the area marked for your RV site.
Are there discount tickets available?
This information is for regular festival. There are no discounts for 2021 Microfestival
Yes, there are several!
- Each holiday season there is a 15% coupon that we send to our mailing list. It is only good for the week before Christmas!
- There are ‘Early Bird’ and ‘Advanced’ Multi-day tickets, when you go to purchase the tickets at the bottom of the website, you will automatically see the tickets that are currently on sale, for example, until February 1st a 4-day pass will be listed as $140.00, and between February and June it will be listed as $150.00. You can also get discounts by signing up for our newsletter, or a free ticket by volunteering!
- You can get a FREE ticket by joining our volunteer team. We ask that you work 6 hours for a 1-day pass, and 12 hours for a 4-day pass. See here
- You can get $10 off any pass including AFTER DARK tickets, if you are a local and you receive the Shopping Guide in your mailbox
- Kids 17 and under are FREE!
Where is the festival located?
We are just 45 minutes from Portland, 2.5 hours from Boston. We are located at the The Ossipee Valley Fairgrounds at 291 South Hiram Road, S. Hiram, Maine. When you drive into town you will see blue “Music Festival” signs pointing the way. See Map of Area here
- Route 25 West through Gorham, Standish, Limington, then Cornish–about 45 minutes.
- Past downtown Cornish, look for Sophia’s Pizza on a lefthand fork. Bear slight right on South Hiram Rd. (follow the music festival signs), festival is on the left.
From All Points South (Boston/New York/Etc) and Southern New Hampshire:
- Take I-95N to Portsmouth NH. In Portsmouth, take a left hand exit 4 (to Route 16N towards New Hampshire Lakes & Mountains)
- Take Route 16N to Ossipee NH, look for the exit to Route 25 East
- Follow Route 25E to the village of Kezar Falls
- Follow Music Festival signs, left at bridge and right on Main Street (which becomes South Hiram Road at the Hiram town line) 5. The Fairgrounds will be on your right
From Northern New Hampshire & Points West & North (North Conway):
- Take 302 West to Fryeburg ME
- Right on 113 South
- In North Baldwin take a R on Route 5 to Rt. 25 in Cornish
- Take a Right on Route 25 West towards Cornish
- Slight Right at Fork Sofia’s Pizza on your left (follow music festival signs)
- Festival is on your left
Do hookups sell out? Do tent sites sell out?
Hookups will most likely not sell out during Microfestival, but we recommend arriving on Friday.
During regular festival:
Hookups sell out by Thursday night. Tent sites will be full by Saturday, except for tiny spaces here and there. We do not officially sell out of campsites, they just get really, really, really small. Get there early to pick a spot–we do not reserve spots unless you need hookups for medical reasons!
Can I get tickets at the gate?
2021 Microfestival–NO, we are not accepting gate payments.
Regular 2022 festival:
YES. We have not sold out. We highly suggest that you arrive by Thursday evening to snag an RV site (please let us know if you need a medical reservation!)
Space will be scarce by Saturday afternoon. We do NOT guarantee that you can get a campsite!
Can I set my tent up earlier in the week to get my spot, and then come back on the weekend?
Yes…technically. But you will need to pay $20/night/site for any day prior to Thursday that you set your site up. We also do not in any way guarantee that your site will not have been impinged upon (made smaller) by other campers when you return and it’s very crowded–we do not police campsites. You may NOT tape off space for other people, or set up five tents for your friends and only pay for your tent. Each tent is reserving a space and must pay the $20/night fee prior to the festival.
Additionally, you will be given your wristband when you enter the festival for the first time–so it will be your responsibility to either wear it, or not lose it, until you return.
What are the Hours for the Front Gate?
For 2021 Microfestival:
For 2022 Regular Festival:
Sunday-Tuesday (pre-festival) 10am-7pm
Wednesday (day before) 8am-9pm
*if you arrive when the gate is closed, you will need to camp at the grassy area in front of the gate (not in the roadway, but just beyond it, by the white office) until it opens.
We will have overnight security at the front gate in 2020.
Can I bring my dog?
We no longer allow dogs at the festival. Please read our attached decision letter from the board of directors on this issue.
We DO still allow service animals. These dogs must have current paperwork and vaccines, which you must show to us, and must follow the following rules:
–Dogs must be on leash
–Dogs must not bark excessively
–Dogs must remain under their owners control, and by their owners side at all times
–If your dog is a service dog, you already know this. Please do NOT bring your ‘service dog’ that was not a service dog last year, he or she will not be able to come.
There is no charge for service animals.
Service animals INLUDE emotional support animals–you must show us their ESA paperwork.
**All kennels are reputable, the range of prices is from $20-$45/day depending on the kennel. You may also simply google Dog Boarding or Dog Kennel + the name of the state to see a map of all kennels, there are about 200 kennels in Maine and New Hampshire that did not make this list.
The closest kennel is Shadow Birch Kennel, (10 minutes) 207-637-2671.
Other kennels in the area:
The Pampered Pet, Standish Maine (20 minutes) 207-642-3027 http://pamperedpetmaine.com/contact/
Two Paws Up, Tamworth NH (30 minutes) 603-539-6266 https://www.twopawsupnh.com/contact-us.html
Karla’s Pets, North Conway NH (50 minutes) 603-447-3435 https://karlaspets.com
Brown Dog Inn, Freeport ME (1.5 hours) 207-865-1255 http://www.browndoginn.com
Lakes Region Pet Resort, Center Harbor NH (1.5 hours) 603-250-8001 http://www.lakesregionpetresort.com/Rates.html
Suntan’s Kennels, Saco ME (1.25 hours) 207-282-1948 http://www.suntarskennels.com
Camp Bow-wow, Portland ME, (50 minutes) 207-541-9247 http://www.campbowwow.com/portland/services-pricing/dog-boarding
Happy Tails, Portland ME 50 minutes, 2 locations, (207-797-2488 Bishop St. 207-871-5959 St John Street ) http://happytailsportland.com/happy-tails/boarding/
All About Dogs Kennels, Raymond ME 1.5 hours, 207-655-5085 http://www.allaboutdogskennel.com/services.html
Paw-Zn-Around, Saco ME, 207-283-6642 1.25 hours http://paw-zn-around.com/boarding/
Will I receive a ticket in the mail?
No, you recieve a barcode ticket when you purchase online. You MUST bring that barcode with you to the front gate whether it is on your phone or printed out.
Can I bring a musical instrument?
YES!!!!!! Ossipee has been described as being “dipped in a vat of music”. 24 hours a day there are jam sessions in the campgrounds. We are always working to ensure that there is balance between the stages and the campfire jams–please contact us directly with specific feedback about this! email@example.com
OK, But what if I actually want to sleep?
Don’t worry! There is a special area of the campground called “quiet camping” for families, and people who want a quiet place to relax and snooze. We will have a quiet camping staff member present late night until 3am, and will have visible boundary markers on the roads.
The rules of quiet camping are:
1. No yelling or shouting, no excessively loud talking.
2. Quiet hours are 9pm-9am
Please call 207-710-8322 to report quiet camping concerns at any time during the event.
Map of Grounds & Campsites?
I want to camp/I have camping questions
Check out our camping page.
Please note–visit Microfestival page for all information regarding 2021.
I don't like camping...
That’s OK! Our camping page also has a list of hotels in the area. Also, we’re only 45 minutes from dozens of hotels in both North Conway, NH and Portland, ME.
Does the Festival permit campfires?
Yes, in enclosed rings. You may purchase one at the local hardware store.
Are there showers & flush toilets on premises?
Yes, there are showers (a few, camp-style) and flush toilets on premises. There are also portapotties available.
Where can I get water and ice?
There will not be a store in 2021.
Ice is for sale at the general store run by Project Shelter. Check it out here. Bottled water is for sale at every vendor. There are also spigots with drinking water everywhere on the grounds.
What are the rules about alcohol?
No alcohol in the audience. Coolers at your campsite are fine. We also have a fine beer tent
I have very young children, can I bring them?
Yes! We have music academy for kids age 7-13, and an arts and crafts program for all kids of all ages! We also offer kids yoga! There is also quiet camping areas just for families. There is security personnel, and first aid workers on site 24/7.All kids activities are FREE! Plus, admission for kids 17 and under is FREE! Wow! Ossipee is a family friendly event!
**note: There will not be children’s programming at the 2021 Microfestival, please plan for this. All activities will resume in 2022.
If I arrive really late in the evening, or leave really early in the morning, do I have to buy a ticket for that day? (Example: I buy a ticket for Friday/Saturday, but I plan to leave at 8AM on Sunday before anything starts)
Microfestival 2021–there is only one ticket and it is one price, purchased online, so this question is not relevant.
If you arrive between 6PM and when the gate closes you will still be asked to pay the After Dark ticket price ($20 off the full day price). If you arrive after the gate closes you can camp overnight on the grassy area just outside of the gate. All non-camping folks must leave from the day parking area by 12AM through the exit gate. Camping folks can stay over and leave at or before 9AM without having to purchase a ticket for the next day, however please note that wristbands ARE monitored, so please be honest about this last policy. Anyone found during the middle of the day with the incorrect wristband (i.e. you bought a friday ticket and camped over, but didn’t leave at 9AM on Saturday…just thought you’d hang around….) will be embarrassed by our staff bringing you to the front gate, so you can purchase the correct wristband!
I want to come after work, I don’t think I should have to buy a ticket for the whole day!
Great, we don’t either! That’s why we have “Ossipee After Dark” If you arrive at 6PM or later, you get $20 off the ticket price for the day. A 6PM on ticket includes three headliners, a barn dance, a midnight Stage Too! show, late night music in the beer tent, and all the campfire jamming you can wish for! That is seven hours of live music for under $50! (Fri-Sat)
PLEASE NOTE: This is not relevant for 2021–there is only one ‘Microfest ticket’ for 2021.
I am in a band, how do I apply to play at the festival?
Check out Stage Too! Our stage featuring a mix of regional and national acts. Apply to play on Stage Too between December 1st and May 1st.Check out Stage Too!
What happens if it rains?
we just keep going!
Seriously though, we do have plenty of tents and barns which we have successfully held the show underneath. Each day will be evaluated, and during a light drizzle performances on regular stages will continue. During a severe storm, the show will be paused.
But it will be sunny, so who cares!?
Is there first aid and security at the festival?
Yes! We have a 24 hour first aid and security. There is a first aid booth at the front gate.
In an emergency, please call 911–we have a rescue team that will get there within 5-7 minutes typically.
please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 207-468-3952
Please email us here or call (or text) 207-468-3952