How do you pronounce Ossipee?
How much is a ticket?
- Thursday is $25
- Friday is $45
- Saturday is $55
- Sunday is $20
- A 3-Day Pass (Fri-Sun or Thur-Sat) is $125
- A 4-Day Pass is $145
- Children under 18 are Free!
- After Dark Tickets (These are for if you can’t get there until 6PM or later, and don’t want to pay for all the music you missed during the day!) are $20 off the regular price. You can buy them alone, or in conjunction with an all day ticket (Example: you arrive on Friday at 6PM and stay all day/night on Saturday)
*What about advanced tickets? (They are for 3-Day and 4-Day Passes only) -Earlybird (before February 1st) $30.00 off the gate price -Advanced (before June 1st) $20.00 off the gate price
Can you explain the tickets?
- All tickets include free tent camping, but hook-ups are first come, first serve. They are $15.00/night.
- One-day tickets include tent camping or dry RV camping, as long as you are out by 9AM the next day, when we do the security walk-through! Otherwise you will be charged for 2 days. Four day tickets include camping through Saturday night. Camping sunday of the festival is $20/night/site extra (or $25 for RVs)
- A day ticket is good for the full day/night of the festival. Music goes from 12pm-1am, and you can camp overnight and leave before 9am.
- An after dark ticket is good from 6pm on, and you can camp overnight and leave before 9am
Where is the festival located?
We are just 45 minutes from Portland, 2.5 hours from Boston. We are located at the The Ossipee Valley Fairgrounds at 291 South Hiram Road, S. Hiram, Maine. When you drive into town you will see blue “Music Festival” signs pointing the way. See Map of Area here
- Route 25 West through Gorham, Standish, Limington, then Cornish–about 45 minutes.
- Past downtown Cornish, look for Sophia’s Pizza on a lefthand fork. Bear slight right on South Hiram Rd. (follow the music festival signs), festival is on the left.
From All Points South (Boston/New York/Etc) and Southern New Hampshire:
- Take I-95N to Portsmouth NH. In Portsmouth, take a left hand exit 4 (to Route 16N towards New Hampshire Lakes & Mountains)
- Take Route 16N to Ossipee NH, look for the exit to Route 25 East
- Follow Route 25E to the village of Kezar Falls
- Follow Music Festival signs, left at bridge and right on Main Street (which becomes South Hiram Road at the Hiram town line) 5. The Fairgrounds will be on your right
From Northern New Hampshire & Points West & North (North Conway):
- Take 302 West to Fryeburg ME
- Right on 113 South
- N Baldwin R on Route 5 to Rt. 25 in Cornish
- On Route 25 West in Cornish
- Slight Right at Fork Sofia’s Pizza on your left (follow music festival signs)
- Festival is on your left
Do hookups sell out? Do tent sites sell out?
Hookups sell out by Thursday night. Tent sites will be full by Saturday, except for tiny spaces here and there. Get there early to pick a spot–we do not reserve spots unless you need hookups for medical reasons!
Can I get tickets at the gate?
YES. We have not sold out. We highly suggest that you arrive by Thursday evening to snag an RV site (please let us know if you need a medical reservation!)
Space will be scarce by Saturday afternoon.
What are the Hours for the Front Gate?
Sunday-Tuesday (pre-festival) 10am-7pm
Wednesday (day before) 8am-9pm
*if you arrive between these times, you will need to camp at the grassy area in front of the front gate.
Can I bring my dog?
We love dogs, but we highly suggest that you do NOT bring your dog unless you are traveling on the road with the dog already. Most dogs do not enjoy coming to a crowded festival where they are inside the camper or tied at the campsite while you are watching the music (dogs are allowed in the campground only, and not in the seating areas). They will bark, or whine, and we will receive complaints, even though they are good, sweet dogs.
There are several kennels in the area, we suggest that you kennel your dog, or that you leave your dog at home where he or she can relax.
If you do bring your dog, you will be asked to sign an affidavit attesting to the fact that you have read the policy below and that you will comply with it. If we have to ask you to remove your dog, you will not receive a refund.
DO NOT BRING YOUR DOG IF YOU ARE ONLY COMING FOR THE DAY. Dogs are not allowed in the concert area.
The closest kennel is Shadow Birch Kennel, 207-637-2671.
Many of our board members are dog lovers and companions, and we want to continue to allow dogs at the festival. We have amended our policies for 2017, we really want to make the festival work as well as possible for each and every person. Please stay tuned for any updates, as we may be amending our policy further for 2018.
DOG POLICY 2017
- Do not bring your dog if you are not camping. Dogs are not allowed in the concert area.
- Dogs are $10.00 per dog, per day!
- Absolutely no dogs are allowed in the concert or vending areas at any time.
- Dogs must be leashed at all times and are never permitted to roam free while at the festival.
- You must clean up after your dog
- Dogs must be quiet in the camping areas. No barking. Please make sure your dog has water, and is comfortable before you leave.
- If we receive a single noise complaint about your dog, you will be asked to remove him or her from the festival. If we receive an aggression complaint, you will be asked to remove him or her from the festival. These requests are immediate and non negotiable. You will not receive a refund.
- Dogs can be walked, if leashed, around the festival perimeter and in the camping areas. They can come to the swimming hole if they are on a leash.
- All dogs are nice dogs in the right situation. A music festival is not the right situation for 90% of dogs. We really want to keep allowing dogs, but in past years there have been many, many instances of barking and breaking the rules. Please consider not bringing your dog unless they are already completely accustomed to the idea of being tied up at a music festival while you go away and do other things.
- We love dogs. We have dogs as companions as well. We understand that many people travel with them on the road, and do not like to leave them at home. As our festival grows, we need to ensure everyone’s comfort and safety, including the dogs’! Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns about this policy, it will be enforced.
Will I receive a ticket in the mail?
No. We will have your name at the gate.
Can I bring a musical instrument?
YES!!!!!! Ossipee has been described as being “dipped in a vat of music”. 24 hours a day there are jam sessions in the campgrounds. We are always working to ensure that there is balance between the stages and the campfire jams–please contact us directly with specific feedback about this! email@example.com
OK, But what if I actually want to sleep?
Don’t worry! There is a special area of the campground called “quiet camping” for families, and people who want a quiet place to relax and snooze. As of 2017 we will have a quiet camping staff member present overnight, and will have visible boundary markers on the roads.
The rules of quiet camping are:
1. No yelling or shouting
2. Quiet hours are 9pm-9am
Please call 207-710-8322 to report quiet camping concerns.
Map of Grounds & Campsites?
I want to camp/I have camping questions
Check out our camping page.
I don't like camping...
That’s OK! Our camping page also has a list of hotels in the area. Also, we’re only 45 minutes from dozens of hotels in both North Conway, NH and Portland, ME.
Does the Festival permit campfires?
Yes, in enclosed rings. Our friends at Project Shelter will be selling fire rings onsite. There are a very limited about available, so bring your own if you can.
Are there showers & flush toilets on premises?
Yes, there are showers (a few, camp-style) and flush toilets on premises. There are also portapotties available.
Where can I get water and ice?
Ice is for sale at the general store run by Project Shelter. Check it out here. Bottled water is for sale at every vendor. There are also spigots with drinking water everywhere on the grounds.
What are the rules about alcohol?
No alcohol in the audience. Coolers at your campsite are fine. We also have a fine beer tent
I have very young children, can I bring them?
Yes! We have music academy for kids age 7-13, and an arts and crafts program for all kids of all ages! New in 2016 we will be offering kids yoga! There is also quiet camping areas just for families, and a beautiful river to swim in. There is security personnel, and first aid workers on site 24/7.All kids activities are FREE! Plus, admission for kids 17 and under is FREE! Wow! Ossipee is a family friendly event!
I love the festival SO much, I want to come early!
You can arrive starting on the Sunday before the festival. Pre-festival camping is $20/night/site 0r $25 for RVs.
Early birds….please don’t arrive on Saturday night…or, ahem, THURSDAY!
Please arrive no earlier than Sunday. PLEASE!
If I arrive really late in the evening, or leave really early in the morning, do I have to buy a ticket for that day? (Example: I buy a ticket for Friday/Saturday, but I plan to leave at 8AM on Sunday before anything starts)
If you arrive between 9PM and 11PM, you will still be asked to pay the After Dark ticket price ($20 off the full day price). If you arrive after 11PM the gates will be closed. You can camp overnight on the grassy area just outside of the gate. All non-camping folks must leave from the day parking area by 1AM through the exit gate. Camping folks can stay over and leave at or before 9AM without having to purchase a ticket for the next day, however please note that wristbands ARE monitored, so please be honest about this last policy. Anyone found during the middle of the day with the incorrect wristband (i.e. you bought a friday ticket and camped over, but didn’t leave at 9AM on Saturday…just thought you’d hang around….) will be embarrassed by our staff bringing you to the front gate, so you can purchase the correct wristband!
I want to come after work, I don’t think I should have to buy a ticket for the whole day!
Great, we don’t either! That’s why we have “Ossipee After Dark” If you arrive at 6PM or later, you get $20 off the ticket price for the day. A 6PM on ticket includes three headliners, a barn dance, a midnight Stage Too! show, and all the campfire jamming you can wish for!
I am in a band, how do I apply to play at the festival?
Check out Stage Too! Our stage featuring a mix of regional and national acts. Apply to play on Stage Too between December 1st and May 1st.Check out Stage Too!
What happens if it rains?
please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 207-710-8322
Please email us at email@example.com or call 207-710-8322